Finisher Medal (picture: 2013)
2014 Champions Jersey (all categories)
Overall Champions’ Trophy
Individuals can also register as members of a team to take part in the GFNY Team Competition.
- 18-39 male/female
- 40-44 m/f
- 45-49 m/f
- 50-54 m/f
- 55-59 m/f
- 60-64 m/f
- 65+ f
- 65-69 m
- 70-74 m
- 75+ m
It’s our goal at Campagnolo Gran Fondo New York to stage you at the start according to your fitness. That way, you are around the riders that ride at your level from the beginning which improves your experience. Every rider is chip timed. Your time only starts when you cross the start line.
A. The following riders are qualified for a front corral start:
- Riders who finished in the top 10% of their Age Group at GFNY in 2011, 2012 or 2013 and are signed up by April 15, 2014. The full list of qualified riders HERE. If you are on that list and registered, you are all set and don’t have to do anything.
- Riders who are not qualified but have a USAC license (or international equivalent) Men Cat 1-3 (Masters 1-2) and Women Cat 1-2 (Masters 1) and are signed up by April 15, 2014. Please send a photocopy of your actual license as well as proof that you have been racing in your category in 2013 or 2014 to email@example.com no later than April 15, 2014.
GFNY reserves the right to limit the front corral to Men Cat 3 and Women Cat. 2 or higher if there are space constraints.
USAC Cat. 5 men and Cat 4 women are not eligible for a front start (unless qualified under number 1 above).
B. Following the front corral, riders will be lined up by age group. Your bib number will indicate your start corral. You can always move further back if you want to start with a friend but not further ahead.
All Him and Her teams will be staged in the second corral.
GFNY BEAR 50 riders are staged after GFNY 100 riders at the end of the peloton.
Individuals can register as members of a team to take part in the GFNY Team Competition.
- The four fastest times from a team will be added and ranked to determine the fastest team.
- All team member splits are totaled and ranked.
- The podium 4-person teams will be awarded prizes.
- All members of a Cycling Team are eligible for individual age group prizes.
- There is no maximum amount of members per team.
A female and male rider have to finish within thirty seconds of each other.
- Because it’s tough to find two riders of the same ability and fitness, pushing, pulling, dragging, encouraging, screaming, shouting and any other means of working together is allowed.
- The Him+Her team competion consists of two age categories: sub-90 and 90+ years old combined.
- Members of a Him+Her team are not eligible for individual age group prizes because rider assistance among team members in this category is permitted.