The total ride distance is 105miles/170k and the elevation gain is approx. 7,000ft/2,200m.
Map details and cue sheet are HERE.
GPX file download is HERE.
The three main changes compared to 2012:
1. Mile 0 to 100 are timed (no timed climbs). The last 5 miles to the finish are neutralized. The last 3 miles feature a lane designated and barricaded for participants only to improve safety.
2. Buckberg is no longer part of the course. Cheesecote aka Colle Formaggio will be tackled from the north (reverse compared to 2012).
3. Nutrition Stop locations:
(2) new: in center of Haverstraw
(3) new: on top of Bear Mountain
(4) new: at Provident Bank Baseball Stadium Pomona
(5) West Nyack
(6) new: fluids only stop Fort Lee
Featured climb: Montagna dell’Orso
This climb is a true New York City cycling classic. It’s situated in a National Park. Here, New Yorkers test their true climbing abilities. As soon as spring arrives, athletes are flocking to Montagna dell’Orso or, as the locals call it, “Bear Mountain”. Its steepness tops out at 10% and hence will suit a passista scalatore best as it is nearly four miles (6k) long and very gradual.